Monday, March 12, 2018

Best Naturals Oral Challenge for Corn/Corn-Derived Ingredients

I have been conducting oral challenges of products advertised as "corn free" by the manufacturer.  If I experience a corn allergy reaction, I then file reports with the manufacturer, the FDA, and the FTC.

WARNING:
I strongly recommend that you do not attempt any oral food challenges unless you are in the presence of your physician.

March 11 & 12, 2018
Oral challenges of Best Naturals Time Released B-100 Complex 120 Tablets
UPC Code 817716013206
Lot #111712
Exp. Date: 11/20

I took one tablet at 10:20 am on March 11 after breakfast, and did not experience any allergic reaction to this product as a result of my allergy to corn.  I took another tablet at 2:30 pm on March 12 after lunch with no allergic reaction.  Therefore, I have deemed this product “safe for me.”  However, please trial with caution.

Note that I only tested at 1+ for corn allergy on my skin-scratch tests in 2011; however, my reactions to corn/corn derivatives can be quite severe. 


In the event you experience a corn allergy reaction to a product that is labeled "corn free," refer to instructions for filing reports in the following links:

Non-FDA-Compliant "Corn-Free" Claims (Revised 11/16/17); Title 21 U.S.C. - Section 343, Chapter 1 - Adulterated or Misbranded Foods or Drugs


FTC Filing a Complaint to Report False and Misleading Labeling

No comments:

Post a Comment

CLINICIANS: MEDICAL MALPRACTICE ALERT; DEXTROSE (CORNSTARCH SUGAR) CONTRAINDICATED FOR CORN-ALLERGIC PTS

CLINICIANS: MEDICAL MALPRACTICE ALERT DEXTROSE (CORNSTARCH SUGAR) CONTRAINDICATED FOR CORN-ALLERGIC PTS. https://cliniciansmedicalmalpractic...