Thursday, May 12, 2016

WARNING: "Liquid Hope" by Functional Formularies

URGENT REVISION, DECEMBER 1, 2017


When I originally trialed this product, I deemed it safe for me.  In addition, they claim the product to be corn free on the front of the package. It has a 2-year shelf-life; and since I hadn't eaten any for a while, I consumed one of the packages this evening.  Whoa!  Severe corn reaction! This tells me that I am becoming more sensitive to corn derivatives.

  DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT IF YOU ARE ALLERGIC TO CORN


I have notified the company of my reaction, and will be filing an adverse reaction report with the FDA on Monday.


Website:  http://functionalformularies.com/


UPDATE:  FILED AN ADVERSE REACTION REPORT WITH THE FDA


This message is being sent in response to the following submitted inquiry: 

Re: Liquid Hope by Functional Formularies
Product Code: 6253 128 2B 19:22
Best By: Sep 09, 2018
Manufactured for Nutritional Medicinals, LLC
860 C East Franklin St.
Centerville, OR 45459

I recently experienced a severe allergic reaction to this product due to my corn allergy (also includes an allergy to anything derived from corn; e.g. corn-derived ascorbic acid, corn-derived dextrose, etc.). I saved the package, which clearly declares "corn free" on the front of the package. This product is NOT corn free or free from corn-derived ingredients, and can pose a danger to the corn allergy population. 

The Food and Drug Administration’s (FDA) Food and Cosmetic Information Center (FCIC)/Technical Assistance Network (TAN) has prepared a response for case number 00148493. 

Response: Thank you for contacting FDA. We sincerely appreciate your reporting these incidents. Please contact your nearest consumer complaint coordinator with this information at your earliest convenience. You may also report these incidents to our CFSAN Adverse Event Reporting System (CAERS) by phone at 240-402-2405 or email at CAERS@cfsan.fda.gov. This team will forward your complaints to our medical officers. Based upon your preferences, you can also submit a completed version of this form electronically: Form FDA 3500 - Voluntary Reporting.

  

Thank you for contacting FDA’s FCIC/TAN.



View popular Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) questions and answers identified by the Technical Assistance Network (TAN), on ourwebsite.



Diane H., Corn Allergy Advocate
Corn Allergy Advocacy/Resources
@CornAllergy911

No comments:

Post a Comment

The intentional endangerment of corn-allergic citizens by U.S. regulatory agencies. [DOCUMENTED]

I was diagnosed with an IgE-mediated allergy to corn in 2011, and have been a full-time corn allergy advocate/researcher since 2014. My pu...