Friday, May 20, 2016

Filed Report with the FDA, Love Grown Foods, "Mighty Flakes"

I filed an adverse reaction report on May 20, 2016, with the Florida FDA representative concerning my reaction to Love Grown Foods, "Mighty Flakes," UPC #850563002603, Best By Dec 09 2016, Product Code #10:16 2.  This product clearly states on the front and back panels "No wheat or corn!"  My reaction was pounding heart, resting pulse rate skyrocketed to 94, and abdominal swelling made me look pregnant (another corn baby).  My symptoms resolved within 2 hours after taking a Benadryl.  I also notified Love Grown Foods via their Facebook page that I have filed a report with the FDA concerning this product, and their corn-free claim.


[Note:  If you experience an allergic reaction to a product containing corn, you cannot file an on-line report.  You must contact your FDA state representative, and they will take your report by telephone.  Make sure you have the UPC number, best by date, product code number, date of purchase, place of purchase, and photographs of all sides of the product.]


FDA Consumer Complaint Coordinators by State:
http://www.fda.gov/Safety/ReportaProblem/ConsumerComplaintCoordinators/default.htm



Diane H., Corn Allergy Advocate
Corn Allergy Advocacy/Resources
@CornAllergy911

No comments:

Post a Comment

The intentional endangerment of corn-allergic citizens by U.S. regulatory agencies. [DOCUMENTED]

I was diagnosed with an IgE-mediated allergy to corn in 2011, and have been a full-time corn allergy advocate/researcher since 2014. My pu...