Saturday, January 7, 2017

FDA Making Adverse Reports Available to the Public

"Why FDA Is Making Data Extracted from Reports of Adverse Events for Foods and Cosmetics Available to the Public"

http://blogs.fda.gov/fdavoice/index.php/2016/12/why-fda-is-making-data-extracted-from-reports-of-adverse-events-for-foods-and-cosmetics-available-to-the-public/


Personal Note:
I had filed an adverse reaction report with the FDA (by telephone with my state FDA representative) against a company that claimed their product was corn-free; and it clearly was not, since I suffered an allergic reaction requiring Benadryl.   When I tried to obtain a copy of my personal report through FOIA, I discovered that it would cost me approximately $250! 

Important:
If you have an allergic reaction to any food, medication, cosmetic, etc. from unlabeled corn/corn derivative ingredients; I strongly encourage you to file an adverse reaction report with your state FDA representative (refer to following link):

https://cornallergyadvocacyresources.blogspot.com/2016/09/report-adverse-reactions-to-your-state.html


Diane H., Corn Allergy Advocate
Corn Allergy Advocacy/Resources
@CornAllergy911

No comments:

Post a Comment

The intentional endangerment of corn-allergic citizens by U.S. regulatory agencies. [DOCUMENTED]

I was diagnosed with an IgE-mediated allergy to corn in 2011, and have been a full-time corn allergy advocate/researcher since 2014. My pu...