Thursday, July 21, 2016

My July 19, 2016, Email to Abbott Laboratories Regarding Infant Formulas/Ensure

To:  Abbott Laboratories

Date:  July 19, 2016

Re:  Ensure Nutritional Products/Infant Formulas

Since 88-92% of corn is GMO and approximately. 94% of soy is GMO, do the Ensure products contain GMO corn and soy, thereby possibly containing glyphosate? Do you test your products for the presence of glyphosate? In addition, many corn-allergic infants have been diagnosed with "failure to thrive" due to the lack of corn-free formulas. Is Abbott Laboratories working on a corn-free formulation for these struggling babies? Their doctors cannot recommend any safe, corn-free alternative source of nutrition. Thank you.

Update:  I received a reply from Abbott Labs this afternoon (7/21/16); and they requested that I call them to discuss my email.  I'll keep you posted.



Diane H., Corn Allergy Advocate
Corn Allergy Advocacy/Resources
@CornAllergy911

No comments:

Post a Comment

The intentional endangerment of corn-allergic citizens by U.S. regulatory agencies. [DOCUMENTED]

I was diagnosed with an IgE-mediated allergy to corn in 2011, and have been a full-time corn allergy advocate/researcher since 2014. My pu...